The following guidelines have been set for the Archer County SWCD scholarship application process:
1. The student must be a graduating senior that attends a school in Archer County.
2. The student must have at least a “B” average.
3. The student must be attending a 2 or 4 year college with a major in Agriculture or Agriculture related industries.
4. The student must show proof of acceptance letter & enrollment in a 2 or 4 year school and if chosen the board will distribute a check made out to the college on behalf of the student.
5. All applicants must submit a biography on who they are, where they attend school, academic/extracurricular activities, honors, and prospected major.
6. The student must include an essay on the subject: “What Soil and Water Conservation Means to Me” (maximum 500 words).
7. PLEASE INCLUDE A PHONE NUMBER SO WE CAN CONTACT YOU IN THE EVENT YOU ARE CHOSEN.
The board will award $500.00 for a 2 year enrollment and $1000.00 for a 4 year enrollment for students who they choose and who they feel have met the above guidelines. Entries will be accepted until May 1, 2023 at 12:00pm. Applications can be sent by mail or dropped off at the office: Archer County USDA 313 West Main Archer City, TX 940 574-4612
2023 SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
Larson Vieth- Windthorst
Aaron Mahan- Holliday
Andrew Ondechek- Holliday