The following guidelines have been set for the Archer County SWCD scholarship application process:
1. The student must be a graduating senior that attends a school in Archer County.
2. The student must have at least a “C” average.
3. The student must be attending a 4 year college.
4. The student must show proof of acceptance & enrollment in a 4 year school and at that time the board will distribute a check made out to the college of attendance on the behalf of the student.
5. The student has 12 months to use the check or it will need to be returned to the district.
6. All applicants must submit a bio on who they are, where they attend school, academic/athletic honors, college they want to attend, and a prospected major.
7. The student must write an essay on the subject: “What Soil and Water Conservation Means to Me” (maximum 500 words).
8. PLEASE INCLUDE A PHONE NUMBER SO WE CAN CONTACT YOU IN THE EVENT YOU ARE CHOSEN.
Scholarships are due on May 3, 2019 and can be mailed or turned in at the USDA office in Archer City. If you have any questions you may contact us at 940 574-4612 or email: email@example.com.
2020 SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
Jack Herring- Archer City High School attending Texas Tech University
Breanna Howard- Archer City High School attending Texas Tech University
Mackenzie Wolf- Windthorst High School attending Tarleton State University
Gavin Steinberger- Windthorst High School attending Midwestern State University
Brynlee Wolf- Windthorst High School attending Midwestern State University
Konner Wood- Holliday High School attending Texas Tech University
Marshal Gillit- Holliday High School attending Texas Tech University
Ardian Mahan- Holliday High School attending Texas A&M University