The following guidelines have been set for the Archer County SWCD scholarship application process:
1. The student must be a graduating senior that attends a school in Archer County.
2. The student must have at least a “C” average.
3. The student must be attending a 4 year college.
4. The student must show proof of acceptance & enrollment in a 4 year school and at that time the board will distribute a check made out to the college of attendance on the behalf of the student.
5. The student has 12 months to use the check or it will need to be returned to the district.
6. All applicants must submit a bio on who they are, where they attend school, academic/athletic honors, college they want to attend, and a prospected major.
7. The student must write an essay on the subject: “How Soil and Water Conservation Improves Water Quality” (maximum 500 words).
Scholarships are due on May 5, 2018 and can be mailed or turned in at the USDA office in Archer City. If you have any questions you may contact us at 940 574-4612 or email: email@example.com.
2017 SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
Archer City High School
Eliot Hilbers – TX A&M University
Maeley Herring – Texas Tech University
Holliday High School
Chloe Zeisman – Texas Tech University
Windthorst High School
Mitchell Berend – Texas Tech University
Brooklyn King – TX Women’s University
Landon Brown – Baylor University
Nathan Bynum – West Texas A&M University
Brooke Schreiber – Midwestern State University
Andrew Wolf – Midwestern State University